My first attempt at Instagram #video I am using the #olloclip #macro lens to film the olloclip fisheye lens #bokeh
Bea Cantor has written an incredible book on exploring nature through macro photography (using the olloclip macro lens). Selections from her book are posted above. We needed to share this work, not only because her pictures are breathtaking, but Cantor’s words are thoughtful and inspiring. Calling Nature: Macro Photography and the iPhone is available for free at the iTunes store. Download it here.
Macro image of ballpoint pen #olloclip #macro
Salmon sashimi for lunch #olloclip #macro
A bit of frost on the top of the car this crisp morning in Huntington Beach, supposed to be around 70F later today. #olloclip #macro #iphone5 #frost
Ready to put a magnifying glass to the world? Designed for extreme close-ups, the macro lens produces visually stunning photos at roughly 10x magnification. Anybody can take a great macro shot. The key is keeping your iPhone steady in a well-lit environment. With the olloclip, you can see what the human eye is missing out on. Here is a step-by-step guide:
How to take this shot:
I used the olloclip macro lens and a few objects I had lying around.
1. Set iPhone up on tripod. There are a range of tripods available for the iPhone. I used the Joby GripTight Micro Stand with a glif mount.
2. If needed, prop up the object so you have the desired field of view. Use whatever is around, and be creative. I grabbed my iPhone case and lip color from my bag. To steady the dollar bill, I tapped it to the back of a film canister.
3. Place the dollar a short distance (~13mm) away from the lens. You can play around with the distance to get a sharper picture. One thing you can do is lock the focus. Touch the iPhone screen where you’d like to focus. Once the square appears, hold your finger down for a few seconds and release. It should say AE/AF lock.
4. Make sure you have enough light.
5. Press the camera icon. Do yourself a favor and take plenty of shots! It’s easier to find the best ones on a larger computer screen.
Share your pics with us by uploading them to instagram or twitter and use #olloclip. Your photos will be added to a live feed on our website. See pics by other users by heading to olloclip.com
Manfrotto 709B mini tripod #olloclip #macro #iphone5
Christmas tree using the macro lens to force bokeh #olloclip #macro #bokeh #iphone5 #christmastree
New orange Puma beanie #olloclip #macro #iphone5 #puma @puma
Fortune cookie #olloclip #macro #iphone5 (at Pei Wei Asian Diner)
Pickled ginger at Yoshinoya #olloclip #macro #iphone5 (at Yoshinoya)
Red Bull can tab #olloclip #macro #iphone5 #redbull @redbull